Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dish Scrubber from fruit net bag

While visiting my mom in December/January, she had a "scrubbie" that she used to clean off her dishes before loading the dishwasher.  Once I got home, and my dishwasher had to have a thorough cleaning, I decided I would clean most of the food items off of my dishes before loading them. 

....(apparently you are supposed to clean out your dishwasher monthly including cleaning out the jets...the spinning things above and below your racks.  It's where all of the food collects and gets trapped...gasp!  I have never done it other than running a cup of vinegar through an empty machine)

Now I needed a "scrubbie" and a sponge wouldn't cut it.  You know what I'm talking about.  The first time you use a sponge to remove fettuccine or cheese you have a nasty cheese covered sponge.

Looking around my counter, I had an orange bag. 

I cut off each end, and then wound it to my satisfaction.

Voila!  A new FREE scrubbie!

















It's been working great for a few weeks now! This was linked to: Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment