Friday, February 24, 2012

What Will It BEE Baby Sprinkle

My wonderful friend Kim and I hosted a Baby Sprinkle for dear friend Lindsay several weeks ago.  She is having her third baby, and is expecting to be surprised at the birth.  She is due any day now.  (She's already dilating! so exciting!)

Since we needed a neutral theme a few ideas were:  Once, twice, three times a mommy/Milk and cookies, Peas in a pod, What Will It BEE?

We chose the obvious theme... What Will It BEE?

We had a budget of $25 (ha...that's funny)...so it was AWESOME that the shower timed with the Michaels coupon of $5/$5.  We hit 3 stores, me and the kids, and got some great goodies and prizes for the shower for FREE!

We used this poem found on the web for the invite and I changed the words a little to personalize it:

"Baby Sprinkle"
Pins, Diapers, Bottles galore
Derek & Lindsay are having one more!
Jackson and Noah have plenty to share
This is a “sprinkle” to show we care.
Please join us to celebrate the baby due
We still don’t know if it’s pink or blue!

I was a bad blogger (bad blogger....bad) and didn't take photos of my projects.  I know...boo on me. 

Here is what I did and where I got the ideas:
Baby diaper favors filled with candy.
Frosting dipped pretzels--(I did these the day before and they ended up soggy...oops)
Water bottles (labels removed and my own color matching paper wrapping them)

Here are a few pics of the grand event (Pardon my bad pictures...they were taken with my phone.)


Bee diaper cake 
Food table. 

Present/Favor table

Kim was in charge of the games and the cake and she did an awesome job!

Game #1:  (get to know you game--Each guest takes some jellybeans.  Once everyone has some...each person must tell something about themselves for each jellybean they took)

Game #2:  Word search.  Kim's daughter created the word search. 

Game #3:  Dress the baby with your eyes closed.  This game was a HOOT to watch.  Even the dad-to-be joined in a played a round.  Just gather some life-sized baby dolls, a mix of clothes and diapers, blindfold or have your guests close their eyes and dress their babies.  We had a two minute time limit. 

We had such a wonderful time and I hope Lindsay did too!  I can't wait to meet her new baby!
  


1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a "sprinkle." Your games sound so fun. Especially the blindfolded one.:)

    ReplyDelete