Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls

I LOVE cinnamon rolls.  I extra love them with raisins and icing.  Mmmmnnn.  Tempted to grab one right now....

I thought I would share my cinnamon rolls recipe (c/o Betty Crocker) with you.  The last time I made cinnamon roll dough in my bread machine, they tasted too yeasty, so I made these by hand.  Also, you can use the dough and make sweet rolls, or something else instead of cinnamon rolls. 

Traditional Sweet Roll Dough Cinnamon Rolls
2 pkgs active dry yeast
½ c warm water
½ c lukewarm milk (scalded then cooled)
½ c sugar
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
½ c shortening or butter softened
4 ½-5 cups flour

Cinnamon roll add-ins: 
1 stick butter softened and cut into small pieces
½ c sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon

Dissolve yeast in warm water.  Stir in milk, sugar, salt, eggs, shortening and 2 ½ c flour.  Mix in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.  Turn dough out and knead until smooth and elastic about 5 minutes.  Place in greased bowl.  Turn greased side up.  Cover, let rise in warm place until double, about 1 ½ hours.  Punch down dough and roll out onto floured surface.  Roll out into large rectangle.  Generously add the pieces of butter.  Sprinkle entire surface with sugar and cinnamon.  Roll from the top to the bottom to create a large log.  Cut into 2 inch slices.  Place in 13x9 pan.  Sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon from your surface.  Let sit until doubled in size again.  Bake 375 for 25 minutes. 

Cinnamon Rolls



No comments:

Post a Comment