Thursday, June 16, 2011

Entry Coat Rack Organization

We have a split level house. 
When you enter the door, you either go upstairs or downstairs, and the landing is not very large.
There is no room to set a coat-rack or a cubby/stool for shoes, etc. 

At the top of the stairs is a coat closet. 

HOWEVER, I decided to take it over and repurpose it as a homeschool/activity closet and remove the coats. 
(I know, it's messy right now)

--Now what am I going to do with all of the coats my company brings (especially in Nebraska winter)???

How B-E-A-U-tiful!  I wanted it.  I dreamed about it.  I started planning for it---
----UNTIL I realized that with the small areas and the stair configuration, making the board/batten look good would be a MAJOR issue.

Back to the drawing board. 

Then, (and it's been about a year now since this project so I don't have it)
I saw an idea in a Lowe's magazine and borrowed inspiration from them. 


I had Lowe's cut 3 pieces of wood 7 feet tall.  Then I painted these boards a rich chocolate brown that I had onhand.  
I tried the first one myself and just made a mess.  Bent the screw and everything. This is one area I can't just "guess" for the right measurement.
So.... I had the THE HUSBAND create a template for predrilling the screw holes for the hooks.  Then I added the hooks to the boards and THE HUSBAND and I attached these to the walls.
  I love the hooks.

THE DOG, Chloe, thought she needed in on this attention as well.


It's been quite useful over the last 9 months (Since my dated photos show it was September when this was done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment