Friday, June 29, 2012

Fruit SnowCone Syrup

As we were heading out today to help at a garage sale and ENDURE the stifling heat, I was thinking....self--what can we bring to cool off? 

Hmmmm....

Snowcone maker?  YES!


Snowcone syrup...ooops!  All out.  Drat! Never fear...supermom is here!  Ok. I know.  Really?  Really. 

So I scoured the web for a fruit recipe.  I had blueberries and strawberries onhand.  But I didn't have lemon juice....(here comes the substitute--I known for substituting...but sometimes it doesn't taste good when I substitute)

I got the recipe from MealMakeOverMoms, however, I didn't have lemon juice, so I substituted Lime juice. 

1 cup Blueberries (fresh or frozen--I used fresh)
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lime juice

Blend in a blender.  Add to a squeeze bottle.  Pour over shaved ice. 
(I forgot to take a pic during the process)



Strawberry Snow Cone Syrup 
(I adapted the recipe from above and sub'd in strawberries)
2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen--I used fresh)
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp lime juice

Blend in a blender.  Pour over shaved ice.



I will let you know what the kids think of the fruity good for you syrup.  I hope they like it.  I think it tasted YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment