Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Daily Devotional 1/17/12-Genesis 9:16

And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.  Genesis 9:16


My mom gave me a daily devotional guide for Christmas, and i neglected to start reading it January 1st.  So, for several days I read multiple days' worth of devotions.  My goal is to read my devotions daily to start a better Bible reading habit (Bible reading/devotions are a struggle for me, despite my desire to do so)

As I read the little story that accompanied the verse for today, I knew that despite whatever challenges that I face, I can always delight in the fact that God ALWAYS keeps His promise.  He will always be there when I need Him, and even when I feel like everything is overwhelming me and how much more can I possibly take....I know that He is always there with me, to guide me, to remind me to step closer to Him and He will step closer to me.

It's comforting.  It's relaxing.  He is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment